Wednesday 31 March 2010

flip flops and funky feet

This is usually a time of year that I really love. The sky is still blue when I'm leaving the office in the evening, the daffs on the doorstep are looking groovy, and there's a waft of spring-y-ness in the air. Time for the winter boots to go back into the wardrobe, prepare the toes for their first unveiling of the year.

Well. Not today. Seasonal downpours are upon us. But that has not deterred me from one of my main passions in life.

Although it's not exactly flip-flop season, it's always a good day for new shoes. I think my next pair might come from here; these very funky feet courtesy of Simple Shoes.

I like these. They look different. And different is good. Different strikes up a conversation. Different gets you talking about how you see things and how someone else sees the same things.

I like that this company proactively seek out materials that are more durable, and recycled. They're going all out to make their entire line from 100% sustainable products. Their packaging is biodegradable and 100% recycled. Did I mention the organic cotton? Who doesn't get excited about organic cotton? Very planet friendly. That's good.

Oh. And I love that they have kids' shoes called Poodle, Doodle and Noodle.

Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment