Thursday 1 April 2010

Sing it dance it pray it walk it

This very cool lil website doodle landed on the door mat of my inbox today. Highly addictive and particularly relevant for tonight. It makes little maps for you, quite handy if you're into walking from A to B. Or if you're more circley inclined, your needs are also catered for.

I've been getting excited about our all night of prayer at church. And the prayer walk around Richmond.

I was looking for some inspiration on prayer walking today; I was admitedly briefly enthused by the marching and trumpet blowing and wall-obliterating story in Joshua 6. And whilst there's some great battle story going on there, there's also an animal welfare issue which we in the 21 st century struggle with.

So instead all I'm going use this little verse. Which is equally wonderful in an entirely different way.

Humble yourselves under God's mighty hand, so that he might lift you up. James 4:10. I think just as we join together to pray for our city, our neighbourhood, our schools, our nation, our world, it's good to remember that we have an awesome God. But getting down on our knees to pray; man, what a privilege that is. I think that might be quite good to remember that every amazing act of God can be traced to a figure on their knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment