Wednesday 3 March 2010

Quiche and confession

Internet problems last night - so this is the post from yesterday...
I'm pleased to announce the recent acquisition of some very minty mouth wash. The reason for this is due to the net volume of onions and onion family members which have been consumed in various different forms over the last 5 days.

Onion, leek & potato soup. Great taste, even on the third consequtive day.
Roasted onion and cheese pasta - remember the gastronomical feast from day 1?
Rosemary and onion bread - minus the rosemary (and substituted with cheese) which has kept me going for 3 days now

And not to disrepect the humble onion. It is a very under-rated vegetable given the sizeable taste contribution it makes to a broad selection of meals. However, a person very dear to me has never enjoyed the after effects. And I have been starting to appreciate his point of view.

And now, time to 'fess up'.

I dined with 6 fabulous ladies on Monday night. Suze, my running partner, as she will eternally be known, cooked an amazing thai style curry. In pursuit of the ethical challenge, I did bring along some quiche. A poor substitute for king prawns, but none the less, a quiche, worthy of Heston Blumenthal's exclusive menu. Purely owing to the contents of the quiche, rather than the general culinery expertise involved therewith.

As our lovely Canadian friend put it, "I'm sorry, when you say 'scone', do you mean the thing you eat with tea and jam, or is there another british food product I'm not aware of..?

Yes indeed. That would be correct.

I had a nice wee video... but for the life of me I can't upload it. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment