Thursday 18 March 2010

Snow, ski & sculptures

It's been a bit quiet on ye olde blog lately, so sorry for the silence but it's good to... you know... reflect.

I celebrated the end of my 2 dollars challenge by tucking into a freshly factory packaged muesli yoghurt type thing at Stansted airport just before my McEarly o'clock flight to Oslo. And the OJ alone would have shot the daily budgerigar out of the window. So pricey.

Soooo anyways, thoughts on Oslo.

Love it. Second visit in my entire lifetime, and it
still
wows
me.







Love the snow and the bluuue skies. But most of all I love that unlike me, the locals gracefully board and disembark buses and trams with the greatest of ease, skis over one shoulder, small child in the other. Those who know me well, know that the combination of skis and moving transport would be lethal, likely to result in mass accidental decapitation of innocent victims.


We went to see this amazing piece of manmade architecture. Just looking at it from the safely of the landing point made me feel quite small indeed. But seeing people fly through the air was totally awesome! The Holmenkollen ski jump is the location of the skiing world championships in 2011. I'll probably not enter the competition. It was a tough decision to make but I feel it is for the best.




Enjoy the photos and try not to dwell too long on the interesting statues.



















Vigelands Park is a popular destination for the discerning sculpture lover. But it makes for some smashing photos as well, as we demonstrate the profound truth that we are art. Lindsey is the one with the hair; Jules & Sonj demo the dance of life. Lindsey is the dude in the last pic in an intimate embrace with ski-jump champion 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you weren't familiar with the jumpy pictures. But I see you were already doing it in Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Famous buildings and jumping - you just gotta do it. Fortunately I didn't have to tell the guard that I suffer from a curious illness of jumping and taking photographic evidence.

    ReplyDelete