Friday 26 February 2010

Anyone for celeriac?

I am now proud co-owner of an Abel & Cole fruit and veg box. I did warn you I would get excited.

And yep, it’s blown the $2 a day budget, even before I’ve started. But with these things, you gotta be a bit creative. And so, the fact that I live in a commune is a big help.

Well, it’s not quite a commune, I'm prone to exaggeration. But I’m banana splitting with lovely Lizzie. And so, my half of the treasure trove is as follows:

3 onions, 2 spuds, 3 ‘nanas, 4 carrots, 1 ½ leeks, 3 neeps, 6 apples, 4 oranges … and that all comes to 8 squid.

Then I also got a few extra bits and pieces: baked beans, tin of tomatoes, cheese. And they’re all organic. So here we go. I’m all ready to start in’t morning. With a bowl of porridge. And half a banana.

Oh and yes. Celeriac. It just looks like a brain. Am I meant to do something with this?



No comments:

Post a Comment