Thursday 24 March 2011

When the going gets tough...

So, I've discovered a number of bible-in-a-year readers and someone who's decided to listen to the whole of the New Testament during the 40 days of lent. Hats off to you people and a hearty whoop whoop. Reading the bible cover to cover is something I've successfully put off for a respectable length of time. But something happened at the start of the year, something urged me to just give it a go. And so here I am, 83 days in, and with however many other people, I've got to Deuteronomy.
Or Dooteronomy, depending on where in the world you live.

Wow.

The first five books of the bible, full of history, amazing visions, revelations, rescue from slavery, and a 40 year game of desert storm. And then I hit Numbers. I am a bit of a stat geek, but even this pushes my limits. So, if you're in the same place, if you've got to the mud and mire of genealogical listings and censis publications, allow me to introduce you to the monkey bar challenge courtesy of the Community of readers and Matt, who marvellously unravels the wonders of the history of another nation and makes it, well, interesting, and relevant.

Let me know what you think so that I can share something more intellectual than my usual contribution at the next lunch time meeting ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment